Callahan’s Appliance is staying open to help our community by providing in-home repair service during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Appliance repair is considered an Essential Business for maintaining the health, safety, and infrastructure of our communities.
That’s why our dedicated technicians and office staff have volunteered to keep working and be of service to those in need of our help.
During these difficult times, our top priority is the safety and the well-being of our customers and team members. Since the onset of COVID-19, we’ve followed the guidance of federal, state, and local authorities to curb the spread of the infection.
We have provided our technicians and office staff with the necessary training to ensure that proper safety measures and sanitation procedures are followed to prevent infection.
What to Expect During Your Service Appointment
According to the CDC, the coronavirus (COVID-19) is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person contact or interaction. To ensure the safety of our customers and employees, we’re taking the following measures and precautions.
- We will verify that no one in your home has COVID-19 symptoms prior to scheduling your appointment. If anyone in your home is showing symptoms including cough, fever, or other respiratory issues, we will call you back to schedule in 14 days.
- When our technician arrives, he’ll meet you with a verbal greeting at a safe distance. He will not shake hands or make direct contact with anyone in your home. We ask that you follow CDC recommendations and maintain 6 feet between you and our technician. We ask that all vulnerable residents, including children & elderly, remain in a separate room during the service appointment.
- Before we get started, our technician may request to wash his hands. He will also use disposable gloves, shoe covers, wipes, and sanitizer based on the availability of supply.
- Our technician will wipe down the appliance with a disinfectant wipe before and after service is performed. We are doing our best to stock disinfectant wipes, but supplies are limited. Thank you for your understanding.
- At this time, all receipts and other materials will only be sent in a digital format via email. Please be sure to provide your technician with a valid email address.
Additional Sanitation Measures
Our technicians will also be following recommended cleaning & sanitation protocols:
- Disinfect tools, computers, and other equipment used after every service appointment.
- Disinfect the inside of their service vehicle at the beginning and end of each workday.
- Disinfect all office equipment including our parts shipping & receiving center each day.
- Properly dispose of used gloves, shoe covers, wipes, and other materials after every repair.
Office & Parts Department Equipment Handling
Although you will only come into direct contact with our service technician, our office & parts staff are also working hard to stay safe and sanitary. To ensure your safety, we’ve implemented a thorough cleaning procedure and can conduct additional cleanings if needed.
By following these protocols, we can continue to provide safe service and keep your most important appliances running strong. We thank you for your continued business throughout this challenging time.